We hope that these articles, assessments, and videos will be useful for practitioners, funders, and other researchers interested in applying our research to their work. Sign up for our newsletter to receive additional findings every month.
Reports & Case Studies
|"An Approach to Understanding & Measuring People Power." Hahrie Han & the P3 Lab Team||"Understanding Strategic Capacity in Constituency-Based Organizations." Jane Booth-Tobin, Kal Munis, Lynsy Smithson-Stanley, Hahrie Han||"Promoting Democratic Participation." Hahrie Han with support from Lisa Argyle|
"The AMOS Project and the Campaign for Universal Preschool." Hahrie Han & Liz McKenna
|"The ISAIAH Trash Referendum." Peter Levine & Liz McKenna|
Assessments & Toolkits
We are developing different tools for organizations to measure their power over time, assess their strategic capacity, and understand the basic of organizing for power. Please check back as we build this section over the coming year.
|"Assessing Your Organization's Strategic Capacity." Jane Booth-Tobin, Kal Munis, Lynsy Smithson-Stanley, Hahrie Han.|
|Hahrie discusses the difference between organizing and mobilizing.||P3 Post-Doc, Liz McKenna briefly discusses how and why The P3 Lab studies power through a case study.|
Articles & Podcasts
|"To Learn about the Democratic Party's future, look at what Latino organizers did in Arizona." The Washington Post by Hahrie Han and Liz McKenna||“What Happened When the Minneapolis Police Lost Legitimacy?” The New York Times (op-ed) by Hahrie Han||“When Does Activism Become Powerful? It’s about much more than amassing money or people.” The New York Times (op-ed) by Hahrie Han||
Additional Articles, Podcasts, Interviews, and Reports
Hahrie Han. November 2019. “Fixing Democracy Demands the Building and Aligning of People's Motivation and Authority to Act.” Stanford Social Innovation Review. Winter 2020. p. 5-6.
- Hahrie Han and Lara Putnam. April 29, 2019. “The best way for Democrats to win in 2020? By ignoring the candidates for now.” The Washington Post (op-ed).
- VIDEO: Realizing Democracy. Hahrie is featured in the initiative’s Introductory and Civil Society videos. 2019.
- The Forge. Interview with Hahrie Han. 2019.
- PODCAST: No Jargon Podcast. “Groundbreakers, Part 2.” 2019.
Hahrie Han. April 11, 2018. “Building a Bigger Tent. An Ohio megachurch’s revival of religious community activism.” The New Republic. p. 6-8.
Hahrie Han. October 5, 2017. “Want Gun Control? Learn from the N.R.A.” The New York Times (op-ed). Published in the print edition, p. A23.
- Hahrie Han. 2017. “The Missing Political Infrastructure: Teaching the Skills of Citizenship.” Democracy Journal. 45(Summer).
- PODCAST: Great Battlefield Podcast. “Using transformational organizing to engage activists and win campaigns.” 2018.